Goals are dreams with deadlines. ~Diana Scharf Hunt
I didn’t know who Diana Scharf Hunt was when I found this quote. Apparently there’s not that much out there about her. She wrote a book called “The Tao of Time” and another book on study skills management. Regardless, I like the quote.
And so brings me to my 2011 Resolutions/Goals/Dreams/Intentions/whatever. I wanted to share them here so I’ll always have a reminder of what I’m working toward this year. There are a lot of them – but some of them are small. I also don’t expect I’ll meet all of them and that’s perfectly okay. Someone recently told me, and it sounds corny but it’s true, life is the journey, not the destination.
Maybe I’ll get halfway to a goal, realize I don’t care about it, and scrap it. Or maybe I’ll try and fail, and figure out something else about myself. Who knows?
Without further ado!
- Drink 6 glasses of water while I’m at home per day.
- Attend one Om Shan Tea event (a tea house by our house)
- Read at least 3 classic novels
- Run a half marathon
- Deepen my yoga practice (either through more frequent home practice or attending classes)
- Meditate daily
- Attend a poetry slam
- Write every day for about a half hour (either here or in a journal)
- Study German 5 hours a week
- Plan and implement our garden on our back deck
- Redecorate our bedroom to be more inviting
- Find a volunteer opportunity and do it – either a discrete one (one weekend, one event, etc) or something on going
I’m sure I will come up with other goals as time goes on. I also have some more overarching intentions for 2011:
- Be present – in all conversations, situations, activities
- Let go – learn how to receive help
- Practice self acceptance and love
Let’s see what 2011 brings us!