San Francisco is in denial that it’s February and has offered us a perfectly blue sky today.
I have no doubt this is a preemptive peace offering before dumping actual winter weather sets in, perhaps in the form of a megastorm?! Or maybe this is to make up for the inevitable August fog that makes one wonder how a swimsuit only store can stay in business in San Francisco (and there is more than one!).
I thought to kick of February right, I’d check in with my 2011 goals.
- Drink 6 glasses of water while I’m at home per day. – Done so far!
- Attend one Om Shan Tea event (a tea house by our house)
- Read at least 3 classic novels – 1 down, 2 to go
- Run a half marathon – Training now! The race is April 10.
- Deepen my yoga practice (either through more frequent home practice or attending classes) – I attended several classes in Vancouver and have been doing home practice every day, even if it’s only 5 minutes.
- Meditate daily – Done so far!
- Attend a poetry slam – Not yet. My favorite slam poet is in town on Friday, so I might try to see him.
- Write every day for about a half hour (either here or in a journal) – I’ve been fairly consistent writing here, but I haven’t been doing much personal journaling.
- Study German 5 hours a week – I’ve been doing 30 – 45 minutes a day for the last week, so I might not be hitting the 5 hour/week mark yet, but I’m on my way!
- Plan and implement our garden on our back deck – not yet!
- Redecorate our bedroom to be more inviting – not yet!
- Find a volunteer opportunity and do it – either a discrete one (one weekend, one event, etc) or something on going – I am going to a volunteer orientation tomorrow night and another in two weeks for a different organization.
I’m feeling positive about my progress thus far. The bigger tasks, the garden ant he bedroom, I haven’t tackled yet. I have to consistently remind myself that the year is 12 months long, and these are bigger goals that will take time.