We’re almost halfway through the year, so I thought I would check in on the goals I set in January.
- Drink 6 glasses of water while I’m at home per day.
- Done; although I’m no longer home, which I think actually makes it easier.
- Attend one Om Shan Tea event (a tea house by our house)
- Not yet, but there are still 7 months in the year!
- Read at least 3 classic novels
- 2/3 of the way there: One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, Stranger in a Strange Land (not sure if it’s actually considered a classic, but hey, it has a cult following.) I’m almost positive there was actually a third, but I can’t recall at the moment.
- Run a half marathon
- Deepen my yoga practice (either through more frequent home practice or attending classes)
- Check! Have been doing yoga almost daily and attending classes
- Meditate daily
- Check! 95% of mornings!
- Attend a poetry slam
- Not yet!
- Write every day for about a half hour (either here or in a journal)
- I have not acheived this, or even come close. My mind seems to seize when it comes to more creative writing, so I need to find to work through that.
- Study German 5 hours a week
- This was a great goal before I was working full time (plus part time plus volunteer commitments) but it hasn’t come to fruition at all.
- Plan and implement our garden on our back deck
- Planning done, implementing happening this weekend!
- Redecorate our bedroom to be more inviting
- Planning in the works for this.
- Find a volunteer opportunity and do it – either a discrete one (one weekend, one event, etc) or something on going
- Major check! Cat shelter, GOTR, Hayes Valley Farm
As for my overarching intentions:
- Be present – in all conversations, situations, activities
- I think I’ve been doing okay with this; I’ve been practicing a lot of deep breathing.
- Let go – learn how to receive help
- Definitely working on this although my control freak nature still comes out farily often.
- Practice self acceptance and love
- Doing fairly well; training for races and yoga help with this a lot.