Five reasons why Sunday won’t go as originally planned:
1. Pneumonia. ‘Nuff said.
2. Five weeks of not really training.
3. A dip in confidence because of reasons 1 and 2.
4. Didn’t get new running shoes to break in because of reasons 1 and 2.
5. Blisters on my feet and some back pain.
Five reasons why Sunday is going to rock anyway:
1. I am going to finish the freaking marathon despite reasons 1- 5 above.
2. It’s not going to rain!
3. My parents will be here and cheering me on with Alex from the sidelines
4. It will be an experience in letting go of expectations.
5. Runner’s high. ‘Nuff said.
It’s probably going to be rough going, but frankly, I’m excited to try. If a woman about to give birth can run a third marathon during pregnancy, I think I can manage!