I’ve been contemplating how I want to approach 2012. How do I want to jumpstart the year? What do I want to get out of it?
My overarching intention for 2012 is to live in the present. Thankfully, the bracelet Jessie gave me for Christmas reminds me every day.
So I hope to bring that intention to each of my goals for 2012. Here’s what I’ve come up with:
1. Complete an elimination diet to figure out if anything in particular is causing constant nasal congestion and fatigue. Note: This is not a “diet” strategy or a long term eating goal. I just want to figure out what the heck is making it impossible to breathe through my nose. There will be absolutely no calorie restriction of any kind.
2. Organize the hidden spaces in our house (drawers, cabinets, closets)
3. Allot time weekly for a creative activity – writing, drawing, crafting, photography
4. Take a nonfiction writing class
5. Cut down expenses by $150/month
6. Run a sub-2 hour half-marathon
7. Conduct brainstorming session for blog and create editorial calendar for posting twice a week
8. Attend yoga class twice a week
9. Invest in non-overhead lighting for our living room and bedroom
10. Maintain daily gratitude journal – writing down something nightly before bed that I am grateful for
11. Read two books per month (not sure if this is realistic, but aim high!)
12. Aim for 7 hours of sleep per night and slow down for at least 15 minutes before bed
These goals seem a bit more ambitious than last year’s goals but it’s time to level up my life. I’m celebrating my 25th (!) birthday this year, and with a quarter century’s worth of wisdom under my belt, I know I can hit each of these goals – and probably some extras!