Even though every day is peanut butter day for me, today is officially National Peanut Butter Day. How did you celebrate? I marked the occasion by having a peanut butter and jelly protein smoothie this morning and this lovely snack this afternoon:
Ants on a log, baby! I felt pretty cool eating this, although I admit it’s better eaten from a lunchbox on the playground. Somehow eating it on your grown-up couch while reading about the state of the world doesn’t have quite the same effect.
In honor of National Peanut Butter Day, I thought I’d share a few of my favorite peanut recipes:
- Groundnut Stew from Casual Kitchen
- Strawberry Peanut Butter Milkshake from Green Kitchen Stories
- Spicy Peanut Sauce from Tilted Skillet
- Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie from Carrie on Vegan
And here are just a few other things I love to put peanut butter on….
- bananas & banana soft serve (obviously)
- baked sweet potatoes (great for breakfast!)
- in oatmeal (this changed my life)
- in hot chocolate
- in countless other things I haven’t even discovered yet
So get out there and get your peanut butter on today!