For the first time in a long time last week, I had a meal plan. And then our oven/stove broke. And then the new range we had delivered was also broken. So I had to get creative, because shit happens right? A girls still gotta eat.
So I took this recipe from Love and Olive Oil for sautéed persimmons and green beans, and I roasted it all up in our toaster oven instead, and it turned out so delicious, I don’t even think I’ll even try the original recipe!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large shallot, sliced
1 pound thin green beans, ends trimmed
4 fuyu persimmons, hulled and sliced
salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven (or toaster oven) to 375 degrees.
- Toss green beans and shallots with olive oil and spread on baking sheet. Roast for 12 – 15 minutes.
- While green beans are roasting, toss persimmon slices in the same bowl, using the remnants of the oil.
- When green beans are done, put them in a bowl and set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees, and roast persimmons for 20 minutes.
- When persimmons are done, toss with green beans and shallots and season with salt and pepper to taste.
It was great warm, and it was the perfect salad mix in the next day with some arugula!
What was your most creative moment in the kitchen?